We "moved" to Henderson one week ago (although technically we are moving our furniture this coming weekend.) So much has happened this week, it's hard to believe it has only been seven short days. I barely remember driving out of Los Angeles, a balmy 71 degrees. I vividly recall arriving in Henderson five hours later, at a distinctly LESS balmy 111 degrees!!
Over the course one week, we have:
- Moved across state lines
- Sunblocked Harrison hundreds of times
- Fallen in love with a house
- Played with Harrison's cousins for hours
- Enjoyed the local wildlife (i.e. I saw a huge, white lizard in the street and Byron killed a scorpion in the garage)
- Put an offer on said dream-house
- Stopped Harrison from bullying his younger cousin THOUSANDS of times
- Had our offer on the house accepted!!!!!
- Put together a new crib (and crib tent!) for Harrison, and just in time, because he JUMPED out of his pack n play today!!
- Seen a Cirque Du Soleil show on the strip
- Started the stressful process of closing on a house
- Made two fresh peach pies
- Enjoyed the teething process with Harrison, who got a new tooth (and is getting three more, fun!)
- Already had buyers' remorse on the house (who can make these big decisions? I'm horrible at it!)
- Been on TWO dates with my husband (WHAT?! Living by family is AWESOME!)
- Have heard Harrison say "hot" about 1 million times
I have high hopes that my adjustment to Nevada will be easier than I feared. We have indeed begun to venture out during daylight hours, and it is surprisingly bearable. I actually left the house the other day and said to Harrison, "it's not that hot today!" only to see that the temperature was 104 degrees! I'm becoming a hardened Nevadan!! (Although, you have to admit, 104 IS much better than 111!!)
I may have to begin this painful temperature adjustment all over again next week, since we'll be back in LA on Wednesday until the end of the week for a few VERY important things: packing and moving, basking in LA's weather, reuniting Harrison with his BF, Charlie, going to the beach and taking Harrison to DISNEYLAND for the first time!!! We're really going to leave LA with a bang!