Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Cruise Day 6 & 7 - Puerto Vallarta & Cabo San Lucas

OK, I know. We need to finish this vacation blog quick and we need to get to more important topics (like our Thanksgiving vacation which is about to start). I really like how I have been back to work for two days and I can not wait to have Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving. I think I might be ruined and may not adjust back to my work life. Oh well. I won't think about that now. I have to enjoy my vacation.

We went to Puerto Vallarta one day. I don't have a lot of memories about this day. We only took three pictures the whole day. It was ok there. Part of the group went to do ziplines in the jungle (which we heard was a lot of fun - we will try that next time). The rest of us went to the beach, where Kim found this great statue which she decided to get "more intimate" with. It was really nice and it was right on the beach. We spent some quality beach time in Puerta Vallarta and went to our first "authentic" Mexican restaurant called "Pipi's Mexican". I am sure your impression of the restaurant by just hearing the name is probably the same as ours. It was very American and forgettable.

We did take the bus back to the ship, which was an adventure. Kim and I were excited about being like the locals (and only paying $1.00 for the ride back), while Carmen & Ben looked a little less thrilled.



Our next and final port was Cabo San Lucas and it was the BEST port we had. Just look at the color of the water. It was so gorgeous.

Cabo San Lucas is on the tip of Baja, on one side is the Pacific Ocean and on the other side is the Sea of Cortez. We had so much fun here. We made it to the beach and just camped there pretty much all day.Shad & Stef found this great beach bar with sand service and we sat here for hours. They had the best drinks (all non-alcoholic, thank you) and the best Mexican food we had on our whole trip. Here is what our view was for the whole day.



While we were here, we did decide to rent seadoos (sp?) and it was fun. This is something that I had never done before. Also, I was not so sure I wanted to go, especially when they gave me a child's life vest. I let Kim drive them for a bit, but she terrified me. After a bit, I seemed to get the hang of it and had a lot of fun.

Overall, Cabo was the best. We got some MAJOR beach time, beautiful, clean beaches, clear water and even got a bit sunburned. I would definitely go back to Cabo anytime. It gets my full endorsement.

4 comments:

Jennica said...

I don't trust Kim on Ski-doos either. I think I almost lost my life once with Kim driving it (also, in Mexico). Maybe she just wanted to fit in with the locals---so she decided to drive like them!!

Thanks for the fun blogs about your trip. It was great to read....

The Bentley's said...

how fun you guys!!! we are IN next time!!! it looks like so much fun:)

D-dawg said...

I"m so jealous of your vacation! It looks so warm and I am freezing right now.

The Staheli's said...

Nice picture of Carmen and Ben! That makes me laugh. Looks like you guys had a great time!