Saturday, November 17, 2007

Mexican Riviera Cruise - Days 1-3

This is Byron again. Kim and I keep talking about how we need to blog more. So, I am taking it upon myself to do it. If you are bored with me, sorry. You need to pressure Kim more.

We just got back from our vacation. We went on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera. It was A LOT of fun. We went with a bunch of our couple friends (Shad & Stef, Carmen & Ben, Nate & Gwendolyn and Erin & Annie) and had a great time. Here is our boat. . . The Norwegian Star.



Kim and I went on a cruise for our honeymoon and realized that a cruise really suited our personalities (meaning. . . we love them because we are so lazy). You don't have to do anything on a cruise. You unpack when you get there, don't have to leave if you don't want to, don't have to cook. You just sleep, eat, order room service, go to the pool, sleep, eat . . . Get the picture? It is the perfect vacation.

The first 2 1/2 days of our cruise we were "at sea", which means the perfect vacation days. We loved it. You are on the boat and have nothing to do but relax. At first Kim was preparing for the cruise and figuring out all options (Kim may have seen Titanic too many times).

But then she figured out how to relax and how comfortable the bed was. I wasn't too worried that Kim wouldn't relax.


The ship was great and even had these water slides (which I totally beat Shad in racing down the slides - no matter what he says).

We also went to a few shows on the ship. . . HORRIBLE. The worst was the night of the Chinese acrobats, which in theory sounds great. Actually, the chinese acrobats were not that bad. However, they had a bunch of dancers which were not quite as authentic. It is hard for me to put this in words. Let me just say there was neon and spandex outfits. By the end of the show, two of the couples that we went with were no longer at the show. Kim and I did make it through the Chinese acrobats. But we did not make it through the comedy show (which Shad decided we should sit in the front row for). That was kind of awkward, but we had to go.



One last thing. Shad had his 28th birthday on the cruise. We had a mini-celebration on the cruise because it was one of our days at sea. We told our waiters and they brought out a cake for his birthday, which we were excited about. . . until we tasted it. No joke, it was a GARLIC CAKE. It was hilarious. We all took a bite and left it on the table and ran out of the restaurant before the waiter could come back.



Besides that, our first few days at sea were awesome.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

byron, you are so good at blogging, I loved the post and I'm so glad you guys are back. I couldn't remember when you were going and when you got back, so I had some Williams withdrawals when I couldn't get a hold of you guys this week! We are definitely on board (hee hee) next time you go on a cruise. oh yeah, when marc is done with residency.

Jennica said...

I am glad that you are blogging more. I kept looking at your blog for more updates, but to my dismay--no new posts. So, I had a special treat today when I saw that you had blogged some more!

Sounds like the cruise was awesome. I am so jealous!

Kim-- are you wearing PEARLS in that picture?! What a woman! :)